All our tutors have the right mix of academic expertise, teaching ability and interpersonal skills to make tuition relevant and inspiring. They are all qualified to degree level, teacher qualified and experienced in teaching and tuition. Tutors are familiar with AQA, OCR, Edexcel and IAL exam boards in their subjects and many are experienced examiners
. All tutors are enhanced DBS and reference checked to ensure their suitability for private tuition work.
Most tutors offer online tuition across the UK but still live and work locally as well as offering face to face tuition in Harrogate, Knaresborough, Ripon and surrounding areas. They all provide one to one and small group tuition, many tutors also offer exam-focused revision groups to improve exam techniques and grades.
Our tutors take a holistic approach to tuition in that they support the academic learning, building of confidence and development of long term skills in their students – not just a short, quick fix to jump through ‘educational hoops’, but they encourage independence and ‘thinking skills’ so that students continue to flourish beyond the duration of their tuition. All our tutors work as part of a supportive team in which they share skills, teaching strategies and general good practice.
In a nutshell:-
- All our tutors are qualified to at least degree level in their specialist subject and many have postgraduate or professional qualifications.
- Most tutors have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) and those who aren’t teacher qualified have specific professional qualifications and experience suited to the tutoring role.
- All our tutors have a proven track record in teaching or tuition.
- All our tutors have a DBS reference number (from the Disclosure and Barring Service, previously CRB checks) demonstrating that the tutor is enhanced DBS checked.
- Tutors are reference-checked and verified by One Stop Tutors.
- Each tutor is interviewed and assessed for suitability before joining One Stop Tutors.
- All tutors are reviewed as feedback is provided by parents or students.